Independent Living Service Officer
£20,106 per annum, plus £900 per annum essential car user allowance
Independent Living Service Officer (Independent Lives)
What’s the role?
Salary £20,106 per annum, plus £900 per annum essential car user allowance
37 hours per week
You will help people to remain living independently in their own home through regular task-based support. This will include things like shopping, aids and adaptations, appointment management and transport, bills and financial management and engaging with wider community activities to boost wellbeing.
You will work across North Somerset and Bristol, and on occasions support teams covering other areas of growth across the South West
What will I have to do? I will…
- Listen to and keep the customers’ needs at the heart of how decisions are made to plan support.
- Identify and sign up new customers
- Ensure a co-ordinated service is delivered to our customers through good knowledge of local agencies providing wraparound support.
- Regularly review and update information recorded to meet commissioning requirements
- Ensure that performance targets are met
- Help develop and promote Independent Living Services (ILS), identifying new geographic areas of growth and new partnership pathways.
- Ensure data protection legislation is followed
- Act upon safeguarding concerns to keep people safe
- Respond to emergencies as required
- Take personal responsibility for the health and safety of myself and others.
- Be part of an Out of Hours rota to provide on call support for customers across services.
What do I need to be successful? I will…
- Have examples of how I keep peoples wishes at the heart of the service
- Work with customers in ways that suits them
- Give examples of when I have worked together with people to get positive outcomes
- Be able to work on my own initiative, prioritise and organise my time
- Provide evidence of quality outcomes through maintaining information systems, keeping accurate records
- Be able to communicate with people from diverse range of communities and organisations, promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in all that you do.
- Demonstrate good IT skills
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Continually improve service delivery, and share new ideas
- Hold a full driving license and have access to a car with business insurance
What will you get in return?
You will get a huge sense of achievement from making a positive difference to people’s lives every day.
- A day’s leave on your birthday
- 26 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays). Prorated for the final 5 months
- Company Pension contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible Benefits including health care, gym membership, buying holiday
We recognise that we are underrepresented in some communities where we work. Therefore, we operate the disability confident scheme to encourage disabled applicants and we welcome applications from candidates who are BAME or LGBTQ+. We also welcome applications from Curo customers. If you need support to assist you to make an application or attend an interview, then please contact our HR team on 01225 366000, we would be happy to help.
To find out more and to apply online, please visit www.curo-group.co.uk.
We would love to speak with you before you submit an application so we can help you decide whether this is right and so you can get to know us better.
For an informal discussion about the role please call Danni Kilcoyne on 07837652614.
Closing Date: Thursday 9th September 2021 (Midnight)
1st Stage Interview: Tuesday 14th September 2021