North Somerset Council are encouraging the public to have their say as part of a consultation on proposed changes to Baker Street and Milton Road in Weston-super-Mare. We are particularly interested to hear from people who live in the local area.
The proposed changes to Baker Street and Milton Road are intended to give more space to people using the streets, especially outside the primary school and will link the existing Summerlands cycle route to Weston town centre and seafront. There are opportunities to provide more seating, plants and trees and narrower junctions at side roads will make crossing safer for all.
The new proposals include:
- A wider pavement in front of the school to allow more space for school children and parents
- Better crossings facilities
- More seating, greenery and trees
- A 20mph speed limits will help make streets safer for all
- New mandatory cycle lanes in Milton Road, with a westward cycle track in Baker Street
- One-way restriction on Baker Street, Glebe Road and Wooler Road, removing some through traffic and allowing more parking
This scheme is part of the Department for Transport funded Active Travel Fund improvements aimed to help people travel more sustainably and help to assist with economic recovery following Covid-19. Further information can be found at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/activetravel.
Tell us what you think!
We want to use this public consultation to hear from local residents, businesses and other interested parties about their views on our proposals. We invite you to respond to our questionnaire to give us your feedback.
North Somerset Council © 2018. All rights reserved.
Powered by INOVEM Consult™ – Online Consultation Software